Online Music Promotion Blueprint
- As we stated before the music market is oversaturated at this very moment, and this is due to a lot of albums and random music being released daily on to this very market, this music doesn’t have quality and good cover art, so ultimately it’s needless to say that this project that is most likely made for fun will eventually fall. This music that saturates the market without any obvious purpose or reason is generally called clutter music, and this is the first piece of advice that we have when we talk about promotion of your mixtape, don’t make clutter music.
- A good word will spread fast, with this piece of advice we want to say that most rappers that make mixtapes and music in general have no idea what they are doing, and their so called music eventually ends as clutter music which is instantly labeled by the community as something that nobody even considers buying. With this said it’s needless to say that you shouldn’t release unfinished product just for the sake of making a name for yourself, this type of marketing often has strong drawback effects, and can ruin your career before you start.
- Eyes see better than ears. By this little phrase we want to say that most people will buy your mixtape just by the look of your mixtape cover art, we said this before and we can’t stress is enough how much making a good mixtape cover design can be important.
- Free music is usually bad music, so don’t give out your mixtapes for free. When people see a mixtape cover and see the label “free” below it, it’s a clear indicator that this piece of music is something that is very low in quality and isn’t worth their time. But don’t charge full price for your mixtapes either, because the price tag can turn away a lot of potential customers when it comes to your mixtape. The best thing we can recommend is that you charge something symbolical for your mixtape I would just ask for a donation for the mixtape . People will recognize that its quality music being developed and the developer needs the financial support.
- Free music is easy to make. A lot of artists are aware of the fact that they will give out their music for free, so the correspondent mindset dictates that they will simply not try hard enough when making a mixtape, when you make music, keep in mind that people will pay for it and try to give them something that is worth their money.
- Invite famous DJ-s if you can afford it
- Make music over somebody else’s instrumental
- Do remixes of popular songs
- Use social media to market your mixtape